TOGETHER WE CAN DO MORE
When I entered the world of psychology while I was studying in the United States, I was asking myself how may I provide something new and different upon returning to my community and help create new habits and a healthier lifestyle.
For 20 years, I have been the co-creator of a weight loss and wellbeing program at the Terme Selce Polyclinic, along with primarius Vlasta Brozičević, MD, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist who at the beginnings of her private practice in 1989 had just started to offer a weight loss program and applying new technologies, and who was also my chief mentor at the same time.
My profession enabled me to gain a broader view and insight into patients’ problems, their expectations and fears, therefore we upgraded and adapted the programme to suit both the age groups and the target audience, from children and young people to elderly people and top athletes.
Throughout this creative business journey, I have learned from outstanding experts both from Croatia and from other countries, but most from my parents – primarius Vlasta Brozičević and primarius Ivan Brozičević, MD, MSc, Internal Medicine and Cardiology Specialist and general manager of Terme Selce Polyclinic. I have learned a lot from close associates, but also from the team that, apart from my parents, consist of my sister Tea Brozičević, MD, Dermatology Specialist, together with orthopaedics, neurologists, nutritionists, kinesiologists, physiotherapists, masseurs, all in order to make our patients’ stay completely organised and filled with activities. This includes various sports activities, cultural events, excursions and visits, tastings, exhibitions, educational workshops and the like.
As a student in America, I volunteered at my first Summer Olympics in Atlanta in 1996 (I was also at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City in 2002, in Turin in 2006 and at the London Summer Olympics in 2012), where I gained excellent skills from working in large teams along with the responsibility and commitment to achieving a goal.
These skills and experiences are useful in my everyday work with patients. I work diligently and thoroughly to build a relationship with each patient, with the utmost confidence and commitment to achieving their desired goals. Sometimes it was neither easy nor possible, but due to this kind of relationship, we kept moving forward despite all obstacles.
Today’s lifestyle changes the habits of both children and businesspeople. The statistics are alarming. I believe that my and my team’s contribution will help in solving the various daily life problems encountered by women, men, couples, athletes, especially the problem of increased body weight in children and young people.
I want to incorporate my experience into new long-term partnerships and thus with expanding knowledge, experience and skills circles contribute to solving problems in my local community and beyond.
I invite all interested fellow experts, children and parents, women, men, businesspeople and pensioners to address me so that we may at least answer some of your questions and solve some of your problems and health issues together.
mr. sc. Iva Brozičević Dragičević, prof.
Clinical and Sports Psychologist
Head of Special Programs
Assistant General Manager
- She graduated in Clinical Psychology at the Jacksonville State University and earned her master’s degree from the California State Polytechnic University in the USA
- From 2006 to 2014 she was a member of the expert group for the psychology of sports at the Croatian Psychological Chamber
- Currently is a member of the Croatian Association of Sports Psychologists (HASP) and the Department for Sports Psychology at the Croatian Psychological Association (HPD)
- For several years, she has worked as a sports psychologist in the field of prevention and rehabilitation of sports injuries with special emphasis on the psychological aspects of athletic injuries
- She collaborates with many top athletes and sports associations
- At the Terme Selce Polyclinic, she works within the Psychological Counselling Centre for all age groups
- She participated at the Olympic Games (4 times) as an expert associate
- She is the manager and creator of specialised programs, such as the ‘Top manager’ programs tailor-made for business people and the ‘Healthy Living by IBD’ program for a healthy lifestyle.
- She participates in numerous projects and trainings, within the program of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, entitled ‘Women in Entrepreneurship’
- She participates in numerous national and international conferences and professional congresses
- She participates in many national and international courses and seminars in the field of sports psychology, organisation of governance and management
Kontakt: [email protected]
According to the data provided by the Croatian Health Insurance Fund, around 80% of the population take sedatives, and people occupying managerial positions are the most exposed to stress.
As early as 13 years ago, The World Health Organization (WHO), proclaimed workplace stress to be to be the number one global epidemic. The media have often dubbed it the plague of the 21st century.
Nowadays doctors emphasise that stress causes very serious physical and mental illnesses such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, atherosclerosis, stroke, heart attack, anxiety, depression and thyroid disorders.
The University of London has recently conducted a research according to which chronic stress increases the cardiovascular risk by 68%. The research of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work has shown that stress in the workplace affects every third employee in the European Union. As much as 75 to 90 per cent of all visits to a GP are due to chronic stress. According to the collected data, workplace stress affects 28% of the working population or rather 41.2 million people.
Workplace stress accounts for 50 to 60% of all workdays lost, but also for about 5 million occupational injuries. This means a loss of at least 20 billion euro per year.
You’ve brought me back to life!
I would like to thank your team of experts for the extraordinary weight loss program! You won me over immediately with your friendly approach and professionalism, followed by treatments and work in the clinic. Coming to your clinic was one of the best decisions in my life because you brought me back to life. Your great advantage is that you not only provide weight loss treatments but complete medical treatments as well. You also heal the soul!